Summer Business ideas
As the summer beings many students will be looking for ways to gain income. With the depressing statistics from atlanticwire.com, 45%of young adults are jobless. The highest levels since World War 2. The time to think outside of a job has never been better.
1. Car Washing – As the weather gets nicer, the demand for clean cars increases. The opportunity to open your own car washing service has never been better. If a decent size of land cannot be found, try taking your business mobile. Offer to wash cars at a customers residence or business.
2. Baby Sitting – As the school term nears to an end, many families will need their kids to be occupied while at work. The perfect time to start advertising babysitting is now.
3. Window Cleaning – with very low start up cost, window cleaning is an ideal business for any age. Many residential homes and businesses will want their windows clean with the changing weather. Capitalizing on fulfilling this need for others, has the potential to add decent income for the summer.
4. Dog Walking – In our society, pets are treated like actually family members. Alot of times people may not have the time or energy available to walk their dogs. Putting out some fliers and connecting with those in your neighborhood is a great way to get started. Charging $20 to watch someone’s pet is decent. Turn that 1 client into 5 or 6 a day and at the end of the week an individual could make $600. Expand your business by hiring others and your profits could increase.
5. Lawn Mowing – Most people don’t want to waste the time or energy mowing their lawns. This is a great way for a upcoming entrepreneur to get into the business and make some extra cash. An hour’s work for $20 make not seem like worthy, but add on 5-6 houses a day and the profits will come in.
Due Diligence should be done in each market, to fully be successful. Some businesses may require you to register with the state as a legal entity. Marketing strategies should also be set in place, to reach customers within your target area.
Posted on March 14, 2012, in Business Opportunities, education, Entrepreneurship, Investing, Personal Finance and tagged business, change, college, education, entrepreneurship, finance, investing, opportunity, personal finance, success, wisdom. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.