One minute millionaire by Robert G. Allen
Tip 1 – Focus on the critical few. Eighty-five percent of the things you do account for only 15% of your results. And vice versa. Therefore, only work on the critical things and y9ou’ll get there faster and with less effort.
Tip 2 – Learn how to procrastinate. Procrastination is absolutely essential to your success. Just make sure you procrastiante the right things. Put off 85% and tackle the 15%. Losers do jut the opposite. They tackle 85% and put off the 15%.
Tip 3 – Throw away your “to-do” list. Create instead an 85/15 list. Write the top-priority items at the top in the 15% box. Write the lower-priority items at the bottom. Only work on the top of your list.
Tip 4 – Reward yourself for doing the right things. There’s a great book by Micheal LebBoeuf, called GMP: The Greatest Management princicple in the world. Here’s the book in a nutshell: The Things That Get Rewarded Get Done. If you reward yourself for your most positive actions, you will get more of them done… almost effortlessly.
Tip 5 – Do your FTF: Feared Things First. Which activity on your list do you fear most? That’s your FTF. When you start your day, ask yourself, “What’s my FTF today?” Start your day with that activity. By training yourself to do your FTF, you uncounsiously urge yourself to tackle tougher tasks.
Tip 6- Do a daily power hour. Take a few minutes every day – it doesn’t need to be an hour – for planning. Planning is like a rehearsal. Every great actor rehearses many tomes before stepping on the stage. Don’t step on the stage of life without rehearsing your performance.
Tip 7 – Exercise. It helps you work harder, longer, and think more clearly. It increases your health span and your life span. WHile we exercise, we also listen to our tapes, so that we can layer those two activites together. And therefore, were not only exercising our bodies, but our brains at the same. Speaking of that….
Tip 8 – Layer your activities. Use your waiting time productively. Do two things at once. Listen to your tapes while exercising, driving, or standing in line. Constantly ask yourself this question: “Is this the most productive use of my time?”
Tip 9 – Write out goals daily. We learned this from Brian Tracy, who writes out his top goals each and everyday. See the twelth aha, page 54 for more information.
Tip 10 – Just say NO!. Don’t let other people dump their “monkey’s” on you. Sometimes you just have to say no.
Every successful person has mentors. A mentor is a shortcut to perspective, proficiency, and patience.
1. Mentoring is powerful of leverage. Drawing from your mentor’s experience is the quickest, safest, easiest way to the climb millionaire mountain.
2. Mentors are everywhere. Each person you meet can “accidentally” teach you something to advance your cause.
3. Mentors don’t need to be people. Anything that causes you to change course in life – a life threatening disease, losing a job, reading a book, or an encounter with an animal – can serve as a mentor.
4. Constantly seek our mentoring relationships. When you find yourself lacking in anything – attitude, awareness, a skill, a habit, a technique, or a strategy – seek a mentor to show you the shortcut.
5. Assemble a Dream Team of your favorite heroes and sheroes, present and past. Form an imaginary council of light consisting of your selected leaders. Imagine being able to counsel with them as if they were communicating with you in person.
6. Set a goal to search out at least one millionaire a month. Request an audience, either in person, by phone, or by e-mal to pick your millionaire mentor’s brains.
7. The best kind of mentor is a transformational mentor. A transformational mentor creates a context in which you experience “ahas”.
Through reading and constantly studying, I have learned that mentorship is one of the vital components to achieving success. Having a mentor to help guide an individual to success will automatically eliminate many other mistakes that an individual would make when on their journey. In business and entrepreneurship mistakes are common and will occur often. Having a mentor will greatly decrease the likely hood of the most common mistakes occurring.
The importance of having a mentor is easy to realize and understand. However, the process of finding a mentor may seem challenging. With the never ending opportunities within the internet and social media, finding a knowledgeable mentor is easier then ever.
The easiest way to find a mentor would be to look within your own circle of influences. Asking friends and family for references to individuals they know personally who are successful is a quick way to start your search. This strategy is also on a personal level, so some form of trust will already exist between you and your possible mentor.
With the easy access of the internet, the opportunity to connect with individuals globally has never been easier. Information and experience has never been more easily accessible then how it is now. The chance to pursue success has never been more abundant and available. If a mentor can not be found through personal references, the internet is freely open to all. Real estate is one of my methods I am personally researching to become financially free. Real estate gurus such as Donald Trump and Robert Kiyoaski provide tons of information for people to get started in real estate. Within any and every industry, successful people exist. Following in their guidance will ensure some level of personal success. If you truly desire to be successful, you will find a way to achieve your dreams.
In our American Society we glorify success as expensice cars, clothes, and other meaningless possessions. As much as these items are interesting and appealing, they hold no real value. Not only are they worthless but their not what’s truly important. The generations before us centered their time and energy on providing for their families and saving for a rainy day. It appears to me that along the way we as a population, lost sight of our values and what’s important. The problem with our current lifestyle is that it is unsustainable. To much of the population doesn’t center their time providing for themselves. That causes them to rely on the government to provide for them. The government in return takes from those that are responsible for themselves.
Success isn’t the best fashion or the most expensive car. Success is what you make it. Personal success for me is freedom and comfort. Freedom from the demands of a job. Comfort to live, spend, and enjoy my life without barriers. On average a person spends 40 hours of their time at a job working for someone else. This time does not include transportation time, break time, and the stress that comes along with their job. Those hours that turn into days, that graduate into years, can never be replaced. Your time should not be bought off with an hourly wage. The sooner we notice the truth, the sooner we set our selves free from the slavery of a job.
In today’s society many people find themselves working longer and harder to be broke. Even after clocking in 40 hours a week at work, the earned income is not fulfilling. To make up for the shortfalls in bills and entertainment, we place ourselves in debt. It has become apparent that, most of society lacks a strong financial IQ. This can easily be seen through our current economic times. Since President Nixon ended the convertibility between U.S. dollars and Gold in 1971,the U.S currency continues to become worthless. Ninety Five percent of the U.S dollars value has been lost. Many Americans continue to save, without realizing that inflation is destroying their savings. If we as individuals all took the time to increase our financial IQ, many of the problems we face today, would be solved tomorrow.
Article by – http://www.themillionairesecrets.net/7-main-differences-between-rich-and-poor-people/
1. Rich people believe that they create their lives while poor people believe that life happens to them.
2. Rich people play the money game to win but poor people play the money game just not to lose money.
3. Rich people think and focus on opportunities while poor people focus on obstacles.
4. Rich people dare to dream big, poor people think small.
5. Rich people are committed to their dreams, poor people are just dreaming about their dreams.
6. Rich people associate with rich and successful people. Poor people will associate with poor people.
7. Rich people are good learners while poor people think that they have learned everything in the world.
As the summer beings many students will be looking for ways to gain income. With the depressing statistics from atlanticwire.com, 45%of young adults are jobless. The highest levels since World War 2. The time to think outside of a job has never been better.
1. Car Washing – As the weather gets nicer, the demand for clean cars increases. The opportunity to open your own car washing service has never been better. If a decent size of land cannot be found, try taking your business mobile. Offer to wash cars at a customers residence or business.
2. Baby Sitting – As the school term nears to an end, many families will need their kids to be occupied while at work. The perfect time to start advertising babysitting is now.
3. Window Cleaning – with very low start up cost, window cleaning is an ideal business for any age. Many residential homes and businesses will want their windows clean with the changing weather. Capitalizing on fulfilling this need for others, has the potential to add decent income for the summer.
4. Dog Walking – In our society, pets are treated like actually family members. Alot of times people may not have the time or energy available to walk their dogs. Putting out some fliers and connecting with those in your neighborhood is a great way to get started. Charging $20 to watch someone’s pet is decent. Turn that 1 client into 5 or 6 a day and at the end of the week an individual could make $600. Expand your business by hiring others and your profits could increase.
5. Lawn Mowing – Most people don’t want to waste the time or energy mowing their lawns. This is a great way for a upcoming entrepreneur to get into the business and make some extra cash. An hour’s work for $20 make not seem like worthy, but add on 5-6 houses a day and the profits will come in.
Due Diligence should be done in each market, to fully be successful. Some businesses may require you to register with the state as a legal entity. Marketing strategies should also be set in place, to reach customers within your target area.